Xiaoping (Alice) WU
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, English Department, University of Macau
- Master of Arts in Translation Studies, English Department, University of Macau
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature, School of English, Beijing International Studies University
- Discourse of Chinese social media
- Translational practices on Chinese social media
- Member of the editorial board of Discourse, Context & Media (SSCI)
- 广东省哲学社会科学规划项2020年度青年项目《社交媒体建构公共危机事件的话语研究》(The discourse of crises constructed on social media) (2020.10-2023.8)
- This project explores the role of social media in crisis contexts by examining the discursive-semiotic activities in the construction of realities and the building and maintenance of social networks in users’ response to four crisis events.
- Wu, Xiaoping and Fitzgerald, Richard (Online first) “Hidden in plain sight: Expressing political criticism on Chinese social media”. Discourse Studies: 1-21.
- Wu, Xiaoping and Montgomery, Martin (2020) “Witnessing in crisis contexts in the social media age: The case of the 2015 Tianjin blasts on Weibo”. Media, culture & society, 42(5): 675-691.
- Wu, Xiaoping (2020) “‘Straight man cancer’: The discursive representation and backlash of sexism on China’s internet”. In A. Smith (Ed.), Gender equality in changing times: Multidisciplinary reflections on struggles and progress (pp. 181-201). Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Wu, Xiaoping (2019) “Yves Gambier & Sara Ramos Pinto (eds). Audiovisual translation: Theoretical and methodological challenges”. Babel – International Journal of Translation, 65(2): 333-336.
- Wu, Xiaoping (2018) “Framing, Reframing and the Transformation of Stance in News Translation: A Case Study of the Translation of News on China-Japan Dispute”. Language and Intercultural Communication, 18(2): 257-274.
- Wu, Xiaoping (2018) “Discursive strategies of resistance on Weibo: A case study of the 2015 Tianjin explosions in China”. Discourse, context & media, 26: 64-73.
- Feng, Debing and Wu, Xiaoping (2018) “Weibo interaction in the discourse of internet anti-corruption: The case of “Brother Watch” event”. Discourse, context & media, 24: 99-108.
- Wu, Xiaoping and Chen, Da (2013) “真实的‘不忠实’—从评价理论看新闻翻译中的‘不忠实’现象” (Investigating the unfaithfulness in news translation via appraisal theory). 乐山师范学院学报, 28 (2): 82-87
Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS)
University of Macau
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macao
Room: Humanities & Social Sciences Building (E21B), 2067
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org