- PhD in Gender Studies (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- MA in English Literary Studies (Guangdong University of Foreign Studies)
- BA in English (Guangdong University of Foreign Studies)
Gender and sexuality; transnationalism; television, film, and new media; digital cultures
- Journal Articles & Book Reviews
Forthcoming. “Entertainingly Queer: Illiberal Homonormativity and Transcultural Queer
Politics in a Chinese Broadway Musical”. Feminist Media Studies.
- 2018. “Review of the book Perverse Taiwan, edited by Howard Chiang and Yin Wang”.
Feminist Encounters: A Journal of Critical Studies in Culture and Politics, 2(2), 24.
- 2017. “Reading Undoing Gender in East-West Comparative Literature”. Comparative
Literature: East & West 1(2). Doi:10.1080/25723618.2017.1387981.
- In press, 2019 (In Chinese). Key Topics in English Literary Studies: Gender. Yan Liu, Lin Song et al. Beijing: Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press.
- 2018. “Idealizing Masculinity through Representation of Fatherhood: Negotiating
Transcultural Masculinities in Dad, Where Are We Going?”. In The Cosmopolitan Dream:
Transnational Chinese Masculinities in a Global Age, edited by Geng Song and Derek Hird.
Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press.
- 2018. “Queering Chinese Kinship: Aspiration, Negotiation, and New Meanings”. In Queering Paradigms VII: Contested Bodies and Spaces, edited by Bee Scherer. Oxford: Peter Lang.
GRANTS AND AWARDS
- 2019 Co-Investigator, “Adapting and Promoting Web-based Intervention for Safer Social
Media Use in China”. The University of Hong Kong Knowledge Exchange Fund.
- 2018 Co-Investigator, “Gender and Sexual Diversity in Chinese Higher Education: A Case
Study of Experiences of Sexual Minority Teachers”. Guangxi Normal University
- 2018 Co-Investigator, “E-health Mobile Application to Improve Testing and Control of
Sexually Transmitted Infections Amongst Hong Kong’s Youth: A Randomized
Controlled Trial”. The University of Hong Kong Seed Fund. HKD 56,000.
- 2016 Global Scholarship for Research Excellence, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- 2013-16 Research Postgraduate Studentship, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
2012 National Postgraduate Student Scholarship, Ministry of Education, P.R. China.
RECENT CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- 2020 “Undercurrents: Minorities and Media Margins in Asia” (panel organizer and chair).
Society for Cinema and Media Studies 2020 Conference. 1-5 April. Denver, CO, The
- 2020 “Rerouting Queerness: The Transpacific Travel of Broadway Musical Avenue Q”. In
“Decolonial Transpacific(s)” (sponsored by Verge: Studies in Global Asias). Association for Asian Studies 2020 Conference. 19-22 March. Boston, MA, The
- 2019 “Chineseness in Flux: Transnationalizing Chinese Cultural Identities” (panel
organizer and chair). Congress of the International Comparative Literature
Association. 29 July – 2 August. Macau.
- 2019 “Bending the Family Line? : Un/Queering Kinship in China and Taiwan” (panel
organizer). AAS-in-Asia. 1-4 July. Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2019 “Critical Regionality and Digital Media in Asia: Case Study of a Chinese Online
Talk Show”. 2019 Penn State Global Summer Institute: “Digital Asias”. 3-7 June.
Pennsylvania State University, United States.
- Society for Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS), since 2019
- Association for Cultural Studies (ACS), since 2016
- Society for Queer Asian Studies (SQAS), since 2016
- Inter-Asia Cultural Studies (IACS), since 2015
Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS)
University of Macau
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macao
Room: Humanities & Social Sciences Building (E21B), 2015
Telephone: (853) 6545 4254
Fax: (853) 8822 2338
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org