Cheang Ka Ian, Justina 鄭 家 欣
- BA (University of Macau)
- MA (University of Leicester)
- MPhil (Lingnan University)
- PhD candidate (The Australian National University)
- Member, Asian Studies Association of Hong Kong (ASAHK)
- Member, Chinese Communication Association (CCA)
- Member, International Association of Intercultural Communication Studies (IAICS)
Intercultural Communication, Communication Effects, Cultural Studies
- Cheang, J. (2009). Does your Name Project your Desired Image? Personal Names as the Tool for Impression Management and its Effectiveness, In Yorgo Pasadeos (Ed). Variety in Mass Communication Research. (pp. 219-225). Athens, Greece: The Athens Institute for Education and Research.
- Cheang, J. (2008) “Choice of Foreign Names as a Strategy for Identity Management.” Intercultural Communication Studies XVII:2.
Conference Papers and Presentations
- Cheang, J. (2010). “Formation of E-mail Addresses: A Macau Case Study.” Paper presented at the Australian and New Zealand Communication Association Conference (ANZCA) 2010. Old Parliament House, Canberra, Australia, July 2010.
- Cheang, J. (2009). “Cultural Preference on the Choice of Foreign Names – A Comparative Study.” Paper presented at the Australian and New Zealand Communication Association Conference (ANZCA) 2009: Communication, Creativity and Global Citizenship, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia. July 2009.
- Cheang, J. (2008). “Representation of Macau as a Touristic Site: A Study of Travel Narratives in Chinese-language Blogs.” Paper presented at the International Conference: From Brazil to Macao: Travel Writing and Diasporic Spaces, Lisbon, Portugal. September 2008.
- Cheang, J. (2008). “Does Your Name Project Your Desired Image? Personal Names as the Tool for Impression Management and Its Effectiveness.” Paper presented at the 6th International Conference on Communication and Mass Media, Athens, Greece. May 2008.
- Cheang, J. (2007). “Choice of Foreign Names as a Strategy for Identity Management.” Paper presented at the International Association for Intercultural Communication Studies Annual Conference: Harmony Diversity and Intercultural Communication, Harbin, China. June 2007.
Internal Projects – University Projects:
- Chang, W. Y., & Cheang, J. (2008/2009). “Intercultural Study of Information
Processing Strategies by Utilizing Eye-Tracking Methodology.”
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Visual Communication
- Theories and practice of Public Communication
- Introduction to Advertising
- Communications I: Interpersonal and Small Group
- Communication II : Mass Media
- Communication III: Intercultural
- Public Relations
- Visual Communication and Design
- Video Production I: Techniques
- Journalism II
- Internships in Macau : Theory and Practice
- Communicating in a Global Society
- Fundamentals of Visual Culture
- Intercultural Communication
- Field Internship
- Global Media
Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS)
Room: Humanities & Social Sciences Building (E21B), 2059
Telephone: (853) 8822 8969
E-mail address: email@example.com