Carol Yi-feng, TING 丁 懿 芬
- Member of the GE Sub-Committee of the Department of Communiation
- Ph.D. Telecommunications, Information and Media Studies, Michigan State University, USA
- M.S. Communication Engineering
National, Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan
- B.S. Communication Engineering
National, Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan
- “Welfare Impacts Of Spectrum Governance Regimes: An Economic-Engineering Study”
Social dilemmas and group behavior
- Spectrum management
- Broadband policy
- Internet radio
- Ting, C. & Fitzgerald, R. (in press). The work to make an experiment work. International Journal of Social Research Methodology. https://doi.org_10.1080_13645579.2019.1694621 [SSCI]
- Ting, C. (2018). The feedback loop of rule-breaking: experimental evidence. The Social Science Journal. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soscij.2018.11.004 [SSCI]
- Ting, C. (2016). The role of awareness in Internet nonuse: experiences from rural China. Information Development. 32: 327-337. doi:10.1177/0266666914550425
- Ting, C. & Sandel, T. (2016). Methodological challenges to collecting primary data on Internet users in rural China. Information Development. 32: 117-126. Doi. 10.1177/0266666914529136
- Ting, C. (2015). Investigating the Connection between Awareness and Internet Non-use. International Journal of Information Communication Technologies and Human Development. 7(4), 39-57.
- Ting, C. (2015). ICT4D in China and the Capability Approach: Do They Mix? International Journal of Information Communication Technologies and Human Development. 7(1), 58-72.
- Ting, Y. F., & Yi, F.M. (2013). ICT policy for the “socialist new countryside”—A case study of rural informatization in Guangdong, China. Telecommunications Policy. 37, 626-638. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2012.03.007
- Ting, C. (Fall 2010). The role of audience exclusivity: a study of radio advertising prices. Journal of Media Business Studies. 7(3).
- Wood, L., Bernt, P., & Ting, C. (2009). Public Utility Commission Web Site Implementation: Challenges and Prospects. Public Administration Review.
- Bernt, P., Wood, L., & Ting, C. (July, 2007). The telecommunications content of state public utility commission Web sites: Remaining relevant in a changing marketplace. Government Information Quarterly, 24 (3), 539-553.
- Wildman, S., Bauer, J., & Ting, C. (2006). Spectrum governance regimes: Efficiency properties and policy choices. Info, 8 (2), 83-96.
- Ting, C., Wildman, S., & Bauer, J. (2005). Comparing welfare for spectrum property and spectrum commons governance regimes. Telecommunications Policy, 29, 711-730.
- Wildman, S. & Ting, C. (2009). Cost and Capability Drivers of Differences Between Old and New Media. In: Albarran, A., Faustino, P. & Santos, R. (eds.), The Media as a Driver of the Information Society. Lisbon: Media XXI and Universidade Católica Editora, Unipessoal, Lda.
- Ting, C. (2008). Municipal broadband initiatives: Lessons from US history. In: Madden, G. & Cooper, R. (eds.), Economics of Digital Markets. London: Edward Elgar Publishers.
- Ting, C. (2008). Contracting for municipal broadband services: A comparative study. In: Ulrich, H. F. & Lehrmann, E. P. (eds.), Telecommunications Research Trends. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, forthcoming.
- Ting, C (2012). Making ICT Relevant to Rural Population—A study in Guangdong, China. Presented at the 19th Biennial Conference of the International Telecommunications Society “Moving Forward with Future Technologies: Opening a Platform for All” held, Bangkok, Thailand, Nov. 18-21, 2012.
- Ting, C (2011). Informatization in rural China: Experiences from Guangdong Province. Presented at the International Telecommunications Society Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, June 26-28, 2011.
- Ting, C. & Fu, W. (2010). Search Advertising: Is There a Feedback Effect? Presented at the 18th Biennial Conference of the International Telecommunications Society, Tokyo, Japan, June 29, 2010.
- Wildman, S. & Ting, C. (2008). Cost and Capability Drivers of Differences Between Old and New Media. Presented at the Eight World Media Economics and Management Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, May 22, 2008.
- Ting, C. (2007). Who’s afraid of net neutrality? Presented at the International Telecommunications Society Africa-Asia-Australasia Regional Conference 2007, Perth, Australia, August 26-28, 2007.
- Ting, C. (2007). Municipal broadband initiatives: Lessons from US history. Presented at the International Telecommunications Society Africa-Asia-Australasia Regional Conference 2007, Perth, Australia, August 26-28, 2007.
- Wood, L., Bernt, P. & Ting, C. (2007). Governing E-government: Behind the scenes of Public Utility Commission websites. Presented at the Fifth Annual ITERA Conference, Louisville, KY, March 23-24, 2007.
- Ting, C., Wildman, S., & Bauer, J. (2004). Welfare comparison of spectrum property and spectrum commons regimes. Presented at the 32nd Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy, Arlington, VA, October 1-3, 2004.
- Ting, C., Wildman, S., & Bauer, J. (2004). Modeling the efficiency properties of spectrum management regimes. Presented at the 15th International Telecom Society Biennial Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 5-7, 2004.
- Ting, C. (2004). Pathways to the wireless promised land: Advances in wireless technology and their implications for spectrum policy. Presented at ICA 2004 Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, May 27-31, 2004.
- Ting, C., Bauer, J., & Wildman, S. (2003). The U.S. experience with non-traditional approaches to spectrum management: Tragedies of the commons and other myths reconsidered. Presented at the 31st Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy, Arlington, VA, September 19-21, 2003.
- Ting, C. & Wildman, S. (2002). The economics of Internet radio. Presented at the 30th Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy, Washington D.C., August 28-29, 2002.
- Bernt, P., Ting, C. & Wood, L. (2006). The regulator as educator in a competitive telecommunications market: An analysis of FCC and state Utility Commission websites. In Simonavice, C. & Holmes, T. (eds.), Proceedings of the Fourth Annual ITERA Conference.
- Ting, C., Wildman, S., & Bauer, J. (2005). Government policy and the comparative merits of alternative governance regimes for wireless services. In Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE Conference on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks, pp.1130-1149.
- International Telecommunications Society
- Qiao Ruoxi (MA)–Effect of online-word-of-mouth on movie box office performance
- Qiang Wei (MA)–Macau hospitality industry’s social media marketing strategies
Media laws and management
- COMM3002/COMB313 Quantitative Methods
- COMM7702 Research Methods of Communication
- BJPC307 Media Laws and Journalistic Ethics
- COMB210 Quantitative Methods I
- COMB220 Quantitative Research Methods II
- COMB460 Media Management
- COMM316 Communicating in a Global Society
- COMM702 Research Methods of Mass Communication
- COMM7712/COMM712 Media Functions and Management
- GESB2004/GESB011 Public Speaking
Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS)
University of Macau
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macao
Humanities & Social Sciences Building (E21B), 2058
Phone: (853) 8822 8975
Fax: (853) 8822 2338