- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology, The University of Queensland, Australia (2019)
- Master of Professional Psychology (major in Clinical Psychology, minor in Educational Psychology), Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia (2012)
- Bachelor of Psychology, Universitas Sanata Dharma, Indonesia (2010)
- Clinical, health, & cultural psychology
- Migrants and refugee; global mental health
- Gender & sexuality
- HIV & AIDS
- Interfaith dialogue
- Integrative / holistic medicine
- Mixed-methods research design
- Internet-based mental health intervention to improve migrant workers’ wellbeing in Macau
- Mental health of Indonesian migrant workers in the Greater China region during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Acculturative stress and coping among international migrant workers
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Liem, A., Wang, C., Wariyanti, Y., Latkin, C. A., & Hall, B. J. (2020). The neglected health of international migrant workers in the COVID-19 epidemic. The Lancet Psychiatry, 7, pe20.
- Bodomo, A., Liem, A., Lin, L., & Hall, B. J. (2020). How African migrants in China cope with barriers to health care. The Lancet Public Health, 5, e192.
- Liem, A. (2020). The possibilities and challenges of integrative medicine implementation in clinical psychology: A qualitative study in Indonesia. BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies, 20, 1-11.
- Liem, A., Sit, H. F., Arjadi, R. Patel, A. R., Elhai, J.D., & Hall, B.J. (2020). Ethical standards for telemental health must be maintained during the COVID-19 pandemic. Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 53, 102218-102219.
- Liem, A. (2020). “Doing my profession is also part of worship”: How clinical psychologists address aspects of spirituality and religion in Indonesia. Journal of Religion and Health, 59, 1434-1457.
- Liem, A., & Newcombe, P. A. (2020). Development of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) education for clinical psychologists: An example from Indonesia. International Journal of Mental Health, 49, 17-34.
- Liem, A., Natari, R. B., Jimmy, & Hall, B. J. (2020; online first). Digital health applications in mental health care for refugees and immigrants: A rapid review. Telemedicine and e-Health, 1-14.
Liem, A. (2020). Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Clinical Psychology [in Indonesian]. Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Sanata Dharma University Press.
- Liem, A. (2018). The future of complementary-alternative medicine (CAM) integration in Indonesian clinical psychology services: A preliminary reports. In The 29th International Congress of Applied Psychology, Montreal, Canada.
- Liem, A. (2017). Knowledgeability and educational needs of complementary-alternative medicine (CAM) among Indonesian clinical psychologists: A preliminary report. The 7th International Conference on Health, Wellness & Society, Denver, USA.
- Liem, A. (2017). Knowledge, attitudes, experiences, and educational needs of complementary-alternative medicine (CAM): A mixed-method study among clinical psychologists in Indonesia. The 12th Singapore Graduate Forum on Southeast Asia Studies, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Liem, A. (2017). The challenges of integrating complementary & alternative medicine (CAM) into mental health care in Asia. The 10th International Convention of Asia Scholars (ICAS 10), Chiang Mai, Thailand.
GRANTS AND AWARDS
- Fellow of Emerging Psychologists’ Programme – International Congress of Psychology; 2020, Prague, Czech Republic. International Union of Psychological Science.
- Graduate Student Achievement Award; 2018, Montreal, Canada. International Association of Applied Psychology, Division 8 Health Psychology.
- Emerging Scholar Award; 2017, University of Denver, Denver, USA. Common Ground Research Networks.