The Department of Communication currently offers broad-based curricula leading to Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees. They cover various areas of communication studies (communication theory, intercultural communication, organizational communication, communication skills); vocationally-oriented public communication (public relations, advertising, event planning); media studies and journalism (journalism writing and publication, mass media, new media, digital culture); cultural studies (cultural theory, cinema, popular culture); and communication and creative cultural industries (video production, film making, animation, photography, design). The Department of Communication has a diverse student body drawn from Macao, Mainland China, and other parts of the world.
The Department is now inviting applications for Part-time Teaching Service for the 1st semester of the academic year 2023/2024:
- Ref. No.: UM/FSS/DCOM/PTL/CCI/05/2023
Subject Areas – Creative cultural industries
- Video Production
- Script Writing
- Ref. No.: UM/FSS/DCOM/PTL/MSJ/05/2023
Subject Areas – Media studies and journalism
- Chinese Media History
- Chinese News Writing
- Chinese News Editing
- English News Writing
- Workshop: English Publication
- Applicants should have a Master’s degree in a related discipline from a recognized university, relevant professional experience, and a demonstrable record of teaching excellence at the university level.
- Applicants must be fluent in English for the post UM/FSS/DCOM/PTL/CCI/05/2023. Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese is desirable but not essential.
- Applicants must be fluent in Chinese/English in related courses for the post UM/FSS/DCOM/PTL/MSJ/05/2023
- The taxable payment is ranging from MOP51,360 to MOP56,640 per teaching section.
- Applicants are invited to send a cover letter and a resume to the office of the Department of Communication by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Applicants may consider their applications NOT successful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months of application.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.)