The Department of Communication currently offers broad-based curricula leading to Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees. They cover various areas of communication studies (communication theory, intercultural communication, organizational communication, communication skills); vocationally-oriented public communication (public relations, advertising, event planning); media studies and journalism (journalism writing and publication, mass media, new media, digital culture); cultural studies (cultural theory, cinema, popular culture); and communication and creative cultural industries (video production, film making, animation, photography, design). The Department of Communication has a diverse student body drawn from Macao, Mainland China, and other parts of the world.
The Department is now inviting applications for Part-time Teaching Service for academic year 2022/2023:
- Ref. No.: UM/FSS/DCOM/PTL/CCI/06/2022
Subject Areas – Creative cultural industries
- Video Production
- Script Writing
- Ref. No.: UM/FSS/DCOM/PTL/MSJ/06/2022
Subject Areas – Media studies and journalism
- Chinese Media History
- Chinese News Writing
- Chinese News Editing
- English News Writing
- Broadcast Journalism (Eng.)
- Applicants should have a Master’s degree in a related discipline from a recognised university, relevant professional experience, and a demonstrable record of teaching excellence at the university level.
- Applicants must be fluent in English for the post UM/FSS/DCOM/PTL/CCI/06/2022. Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese is desirable but not essential.
- Applicants must be fluent in Chinese/English in related courses for the post UM/FSS/DCOM/PTL/MSJ/06/2022
- The taxable payment is ranging from MOP51,360 to MOP56,640 per teaching section.
- For Script Writing Course
- Applicants are invited to send their application materials, including a resume, cover letter, and a few samples of film/TV scripts, and evidence of teaching excellence to the Department of Communication by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Photography Course:
- Applicants are invited to send their application materials, including a resume listing exhibition and teaching records, cover letter, and a portfolio of photographs and evidence of teaching excellence to the Department of Communication by email to email@example.com. The portfolio should include no more than 20 images of work in ppt, jpg or pdf files. Image should be compressed to 72dpi, approximately 3000 pixels in the longest edge, image quality level 3. UM email system could not receive files more than 20MB. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- For rest of the courses:
- For Applicants are invited to send a cover letter and a resume to the office of Department of Communication by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months of application.
- 05 June 2022
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.)