- Member MA Steering Committee of Department of Communication
- Ph.D.(Ohio University, USA)
- MA (Ohio University, USA)
- BA (Nanjing Normal University, China)
- Public relations, corporate communication, integrated communications, and health communication
- public relations, integrated communications
Refereed Journal Articles/Book Chapters
- 2014 Co-author with Ying Li and Gongchen Lin, “Mega Events and Their Influence on National Image Building: A Survey,” [大型事件对国家形象建构的影响：基于对北京奥运会和上海世博会的问卷调查] Journal of Journalism and Communication Research [新闻与传播研究], Vol. 22 (3), pp.5-14. (CSSCI)
- 2013 Co-author with Mingxin Zhang, Xianhong Chen and Zhengneng Lai, “The Merging ‘Epistemic Community:’ A Comparative Study of Professional Perceptions among PR Professionals in Mainland China and Taiwan,” [正在形成的”认知共同体”:内地与台湾公共关系从业者职业认知比较研究] Journal of Journalism and Communication Research [新闻与传播研究], Vol. 21 (2), pp.35-55. (CSSCI)
- 2012 Author, “Branding National Images: The 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics, 2012 Shanghai World Expo, and 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games,” Public Relations Review, Vol. 38 (5), pp.731-745. (SSCI)
- 2012 Co-author with Xianhong Chen and Ouyang Chen, “How Public Relations functions as News Sources in China,” Public Relations Review, Vol. 38 (5), pp. 697-703. (SSCI)
- 2012 Author, “Beijing’s Political Crisis Communication: An Analysis of Chinese Government Communication in the 2009 Xinjiang Riot,” Journal of Contemporary China, Vol. 21 (75). (SSCI)
- 2011 Author, “Evolving Chinese Government Spokesperson System,” in Jian Wang (ed.), Soft Power in China: Public Diplomacy through Communication. Palgrave Macmillan, St. Martin’s Press, pp. 73-94.
- 2010 Author, “Corporate Social Responsibility and Institutionalization of Public Relations: A Case Study of China Light Limited in Hong Kong,” [企业社会责任与公共关系制度化：解析香港中华电力一案] Journal of International Communication [国际新闻界], Vol.11, pp.22-6. (CSSCI)Fitzgerald, R., and Rintel, S. (in press). Reorienting categories as a members’ phenomena. In Tileaga, C, and Stokoe, L. Discursive psychology: classic and contemporary issues. Routledge.
- 2009 Author, “Institutionalizing Public Relations: A Case Study of Chinese Government Crisis Communication on 2008 Sichuan Earthquake.” Public Relations Review, Vol. 35 (3), pp. 187-98. (SSCI)
- 2008 Author, “Internal/Employee Communication and Organizational Effectiveness: A Study of the Chinese Corporations in Transition.” Journal of Contemporary China, Vol. 17 (54), pp.167-89. (SSCI)
- 2005 Author, “Click Away? Chinese College Students’ Perception of and Attitudes toward Online Advertising.” American Review of China Studies, Fall, pp.129-42.
- 2004 Author, “Public Relations in Hong Kong: An Evolving Field in a Fast-Changing City,” in Krishnamurthy Sriramesh (ed.), Public Relations in Asia: An Anthology. Thomson Publishing, pp. 96-124.
- 2003 Author, “From Propaganda to Public Relations: Evolutionary Change in the Chinese Government,” Asian Journal of Communication, Vol. 13, (12), pp. 96-121. (SSCI)
- 2003 Senior co-author with Hugh Culbertson, “Public Relations in Mainland China: An Adolescent with Growing Pains,” in Krishnamurthy Sriramesh and Dejan Vercic (eds.), The Global Public Relations Handbook: Theory, Research, and Practice, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc. Hillsdale, 2003, pp. 23-45.
- 2002 Author, “Cultural Beliefs and Chinese-American Communication Juggling: Observations and Implications,” American Review of China Studies, Vol. 3, No.2, Fall, pp. 13-26.
- 2001 Senior co-author with Hugh Culbertson, “Two Planes Down: The Chinese Embassy in Washington Goes On Line,” Public Relations Quarterly, Vol. 46, (3), pp. 22-6.
- 2000 Co-author with Mark MacElreath, Lyydmila Azarova, and Valeria Shadrova, “The Development of Public Relations in China, Russia , and the United States,” in Robert L. Head (ed.), Handbook of Public Relations. SAGE Publications, pp. 665-74.
- 2000 Senior co-author with Hugh M. Culbertson, “Nationality 1, Audience 0: A Study of Factors Shaping News About the 1997 Hong Kong Handover,” International Communication Bulletin, Vol. 36, No. 1-2, Spring, pp. 4-19.
- 1997 Co-author with Hugh Culbertson, “Communitarianism: A Foundation for Communication Symmetry,” Public Relations Quarterly, Summer, pp. 36-41.
- 1996 Senior co-author with Hugh Culbertson, “Guest Relations: A Demanding but Constrained Role for Lady Public Relations Practitioners in Mainland China,” Public Relations Review, Vol.22, (3), pp. 279-96. (SSCI)
- 1996 Co-editor with Hugh Culbertson, International Public Relations: A Comparative Analysis. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc. Hillsdale.
- 1996 Author, “Public Relations in China: An Introduction and Development of An Occupational Field,” in Hugh Culbertson and Ni Chen, eds., International Public Relations: A Comparative Analysis. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, pp. 121-54.
- 1996 Co-author with Hugh Culbertson, “Public Relations Education in the U.S.: Can It Broaden International Students’ Horizons?” in Hugh Culbertson and Ni Chen (Eds.), International Public Relations: A Comparative Analysis. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, pp. 397-416.
- 1994 Author, “Public Relations Education in the People’s Republic of China,” Journalism Educator, Spring, pp. 14-22. (SSCI)
- 1992 Senior co-author, “Two Contrasting Approaches of Government Public Relations in Mainland China,” Public Relations Quarterly (Fall), pp.36-41.
- 1989 Co-author, “Obituaries for Presidential Primary Campaigns:Spot News or Interpretation,” Newspaper Research Journal (Winter), Vol. XI, No.1, pp.52-67. (SSCI)
- COMB211 Introduction to Public Relations
- COMB354 Public Relations Planning and Strategy
Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS)
University of Macau
Avenida da Universidade,Taipa, Macao
Room: Humanities & Social Sciences Building (E21), 2049
Fax: (853) 8822 2338
E-mail adress: firstname.lastname@example.org