Shi Wei 史 唯
- Member of PhD Steering Committee of the Department of Communication (from 2013)
- Ph.D. (Department of Media and Communications, Goldsmiths College, University of London)
- M.A. (Department of Chinese Literature and Language, Sichuan University)
- B.A. (Department of Chinese Literature and Language, Sichuan University)
- Negotiating Chineseness in Contemporary Chinese Cinemas
- Emotion, Media and Politic
- Cultural Studies
- Critical Culture and Communication
- Politics of Affect and Media in Greater China (principle investigator funded by UM Research Committee, 2017-2019)
- Politics against the state (co-investigator founded by UM Research Committee, 2014-2017)Ambiguous identities (principle investigator funded by UM Research Committee, 2011-2014)
- Agonistic public spheres (co-investigator funded by UM Research Committee, 2011-2014)
- Culture of Migrant Workers in Macau: Transborder Migration and Identity (funded by the Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macau S.A.R. Government, 2012-2014)
- Shi Wei, 2017, ‘Cultural Politics of emotions in Households: Migrant Domestic Workers in Macau’. Inter-Asia Cultural Studies, 18 (4), 464-481.
- Shi Wei, 2017, ‘Worker struggles and factory occupation in China during the current economic crisis’, with Liu Shih-Diing, Social Movement Studies, 16(3), P355-360.
- Shi Wei, 2014, Living with Casinos: the experience of young dealers in Macau, with Liu Shih Diing. Journal of Youth Studies.17 (7), 930-947.
- Shi Wei, forthcoming, Articulating Fear: Ten years as a Radical Political Manifesto and it’s Dilemma, with Liu Shih-Diing. 《傳播與社會季刊》 Communication and Society (TSSCI).
- Shi Wei, 2017, ‘The Politics of fear, pension insurance and Chinese peasant workers’, with Liu Shih-Diing. 《文化研究》Router: A Journal of Cultural Studies, 25, 183-214 (TSSCI).
- Shi Wei, 2016, ‘The right to be seen’, with Liu Shih-Diing 《思想》Reflexion, 31, p1-24.
- Shi Wei， 2016，‘Refuse to become disposable’, with Liu Shih-Diing, 《人間思想》 Renjian Thought Review,176-193.
- Shi Wei, 2012, ‘The depoliticized Taiwan politics’, with Liu Shih Diing, 《思想》Reflexion, No. 20,79-108.
Shi Wei, 2010, ‘The Subject of Neoliberalism: An Investigation of Macau’s Casino Dealers’, with Liu Shih Diing, 《台灣社會研究季刊》Taiwan: A Radical Quarterly in Social Studies, 80, 321-366 (TSSCI).
- Shi Wei, forthcoming, Wandering in China’s Las Vegas: Migrant Workers in Macau (漂泊在中國的拉斯維加斯)， City University of Hong Kong Press, 香港城市大學出版社。
- Shi Wei, 2007, ‘Imaginary about China in Taiwan New Cinema’ in National Identity and Cross-Strait Relations, University of Macau Press, pp87-105 ( <臺灣新電影中的中國想象>，收錄於《國家認同与兩岸未來》，澳門：澳門大學出版社，頁87－105)
Academic Conference Presentations
- Shi Wei,2017, ‘Collective Fear: Ten Years as a Political Manifesto and Its Dilemma’, Diversity in Organizations, Communities and Nations Conference, 26-28, Toronto.
- Shi Wei, 2014, ‘The Politics of Emotion of Macau Migrant Workers’, Affective Capitalism Symposium, 5-6 June, Finland.
- Shi Wei, 2012, ‘Reunification by neoliberalism?’, with Liu, Shih Diing Crossroads in Cultural Studies 2012, 2-6 July, Paris.
- Shi Wei, 2010, ‘Politics of Macau Television’, presented at Media and Environment International Conference Innovation, Challenges, and Social Participation in Changing Media Ecology, 19-20 Nov, Taipei.
- Shi Wei, 2010, ‘The Subject of Neoliberalism: Contradictory Experiences of Macau’s Casino Dealer’, with Liu Shih-Diing, paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Cultural Studies Association of Taiwan, Tainan, Taiwan, 9-10 January.
- Shi Wei, 2005, ‘Beyond the National: Transnational Urban Images in China’s New Generation Films’, paper presented at the Asia and Chinese Cinema at the age of Globalization Conference, Beijing University and Shanghai University, 6-10 June.
- Shi Wei, 2004, ‘Mapping Taiwan’s Identity in the Post-Cold War Context’, paper presented at the International Symposium on National Identity and the Future Cross-Strait Relations, University of Macau, 14-16 December.
- Shi Wei, 2010, ‘The Governance of Self in Postcolonial Macau’, guest talk delivered at the School of Humanities, Tongji University, Shanghai, 30 March.
- Shi Wei, 2010, ‘Culture, Politics and Television in Macau’, guest talk delivered at the School of Communication, East China Normal University, Shanghai, 29 March.
- Shi Wei, 2009, ‘Popular Culture and Television in Macau’, presented at the Television Cultural Forum for Sichuan TV Festival, Chengdu, 5-6 November.
- Shi Wei, 2004, “Chineseness in the Age of Globalization” at the Chinese Cultural Forum, University of Macau, 18-20 September.
- The Society for Relations Across The Taiwan Strait and Between Macau and Taiwan
- Communication and Culture
- Visual Culture
- COMB213 Fundamentals of Visual Culture
- COMB254 International Communication
- BJPC211 Selected Reading of English News Papers
- BJPC 401 Intercultural and International Communication, from 2009 to 2014
- BJPC406 Chinese Media and China Reporting
- BJPC 409 TV Documentary
- COMB 221 Introduction to Culture and Critical Communication 2013 & 2014
- ICNM004 Intercultural and International Communication, 2010, 2011 & 2014
Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS)
University of Macau Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macao
Humanities & Social Sciences Building (E21B), 2040
Telephone: (853) 8822 8970