RECRUITING VOLUNTEER STUDENT
The Center for Creative Industries – CREATIVE MACAU is seeking student volunteers for the MACAU INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL 澳門 國際 短片 影展 FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE CURTAS DE MACAU that be held at TEATRO CAPITOL (國華戲院) in Macau, from 5th – 13th December 2023.
UM is one of the supporting organizations for the FESTIVAL each year and their networks are a key hub for recruiting volunteer students to help at the FESTIVAL.
TO POTENTIAL VOLUNTEER STUDENTS
The service-learning allows students to learn new skills, gain valuable experience, and make a collective impact in the community. The FESTIVAL is a public engagement experience that helps student develop skills using their existing knowledge and take forward into employment and other settings. This is your opportunity to interact with the film audience and gain valuable experience.
THE DAILY ACTIVITY STARTS AT 14:00 AND FINISHES AT 21:30 FROM 5TH – 13TH DECEMBER 2023.
The FESTIVAL includes the following activities, among others: exhibition film sessions, post-screening talks, symposium and, VOTING for the competition SHORTS (Official Selection).
- 5th December – OPENING CEREMONY: Rehearsal, Press Conference, Opening Concert, Opening Speech, MC introduces the program for 9 days of the FESTIVAL, Opening Film, exhibition of the first session of SHORTS.
- 12th December – SYMPOSIUM on Creative Ecosystem of Film and the Arts. Include Roundtables, Master Classes, and Q & A.
- 13th December – AWARDING CEREMONY, CONCERT, EXHIBITING THE WINNING FILMS AND MUSIC VIDEO
TASKS AND TIME COMMITMENTS FOR 9 DAYS
- Directing attendees and providing information
- Managing entry and exit flow
- Counting the attendees
- Managing VIP guests
- Setting the chairs on the stage (move the chairs in and out)
- Guide guests to the stage
- Provide the microphone to the requested audience
- Set up the boxes for the audience VOTE
PROVIDE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES TO VOLUNTEER STUDENTS
Please provide by 10th November your CV with photo and available days and hours according to the schedule stated above to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The volunteers will communicate most in English and Cantonese, less in Portuguese.
MEETING on 18th November (Saturday) at CREATIVE MACAU at 16:00. At the meeting we will give you some details about the tasks involving 9 days of intense activity.
- We offer a CERTIFICATE of a certain number of hours to each VOLUNTEER.
Thank you very much in advance for your contribution to the FESTIVAL.
Lúcia Lemos – Coordinator of the Center For Creative Industries – CREATIVE MACAU and Festival Director